Madison, South Dakota is located 20 minutes north of Interstate 90, 20 minutes west of Interstate 29 and is nestled between Lake Madison and Lake Herman. With prosperous manufacturing businesses, reputable healthcare and quality education, Madison possesses small town hospitality and unmistakable energy.
Currently, a new healthcare facility is being built in Madison. The new 22-bed, state-of-the-art hospital will be completed in 2015, and will include space for a clinic. The current healthcare system offers a variety of services ranging from speech, physical and respiratory therapy, to chemotherapy, vascular care, radiology and many more. All of the services will continue to be offered at the new hospital and clinic.
Madison is home to both private and public schools, and a nationally recognized state university, Dakota State University. Our community takes pride in providing our youth with quality education, starting in their early years and continuing through college.
You'll find an array of outdoor activities like hunting, fishing, state parks and camping, along with historical attractions like the Prairie Village and Smith-Zimmerman Museum in Madison.
To learn more information or to "Discover the Unexpected" about Madison, visit www.chamberofmadisonsd.com.
In the News:
- Secure Banking Solutions: Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing companies in America - Protect my bank
- Global Polymer relocating to Madison - Madison Local News
- US Salt expanding to Madison - South Dakota Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Donnerite expanding to Miner County - South Dakota State News
- Madison Community Hospital currently building a new facility - Keloland
- Dakota State named a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations - NSA
Featured Community Archive